Posts for: February, 2021
Taking charge of your health means more than just going to the doctor once a problem comes up. Preventive care is the most important thing you can do for your health, and establishing a primary care physician is a key element.
As your primary care physician, Dr. James Terry of Mid-Cities Direct Care in Grapevine, T.X., can assist you in achieving and maintaining your best health.
What are the benefits of a primary care physician?
- Familiarity: By having a primary care doctor, you can develop a relationship and trust so you feel more comfortable seeking care or asking questions. You may also feel less anxiety about going to your appointment.
- Prevention: Annual appointments with your doctor allows them to evaluate for any potential health issues and intervene before they become problems, or provide care before ailments become worse.
- General wellness: Your doctor will help you keep track of basic health measurements, like weight, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and activity level, and can refer you to a specialist if you show any signs of hearing or vision loss.
- Health advice: If you are over or underweight, physically inactive, a smoker or drinker, or experience high levels of stress, your doctor can assist you in achieving a healthy weight, developing a fitness plan, quitting smoking, or working on your mental health.
- Medication management: Having a physician who is familiar with your medications saves time at appointments and allows you to more easily evaluate the effectiveness of your medication, or safely switch medications if needed.
- Family history: Your primary care physician will be well versed in your family medical history so they are better able to monitor you for hereditary conditions.
- Long-term care: A primary care physician can assist you for years or decades to come so you don't need to worry about finding a new provider as you age.
- A friendly experience: Dr. James Terry and the staff at our Grapevine, T.X. office provide a welcome and comfortable environment where you can be assured the best care.
Call our Grapevine, T.X., office today at 817-284-9875 to schedule an appointment with primary care physician Dr. James Terry.